[kde-doc-english] The Plasma Handbook - KDE Help Center - just plain broken

erbenton erbenton at comcast.net
Sat Mar 31 18:13:14 UTC 2012

Hi,
   This tool has a problem, the "find" ability at the bottom of the KDE
Help Center dialog only searches the currently visible page.
How is one supposed to find help? Must I weed through every page looking
for the item i need help on?
Please fix this. I like KDE but but it has always suffered from a very
poor help system.
F1 should take me right to the relevant page should it not?

I am using KIDE 4.7.2 release 5 running on openSUSE 12.1 x86_64

I was looking for multiple monitor help info because i wanted to
understand why some programs like
firefox always open on my right hand screen instead of remembering where
they were last closed.
So I had the the "Configure KDE for Multiple Monitors" open and pressed
F1 for help -  - go and try it!
See how helpful it is. You might as well not even have a help system if
its gong to be like that.
Remember what happened to Borland? They had a great line of products
(compilers and such)
  but their help was so poor it almost destroyed them.
Thanks
Eric