[kde-doc-english] Assist with KWin documentation

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Mar 29 13:37:46 UTC 2012

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 03/29/2012 02:05 AM, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Yuri,

> написане Wed, 28 Mar 2012 22:40:45 +0300, Pablo Sanchez
> <pablo at blueoakdb.com>:
>
> Many thanks for your work.

You're welcome.  :)

> It is now in KDE repositories and on d.k.o:
>
> [ trimmed ]

Well that looks very nice!  :)

btw, how are updates handled?  I made an update on the main page for
the 4.9 release of KWin - a minor edit where a label has changed.

> Burkhard is busy at least until Easter.

I hope he's okay.

>> I was wondering what would be the best way to proceed?
>
> You can do anything you like, everything will be helpful. ;)
>
> You can write pages on UserBase (just convert them by yourself or let
> me know, so I will do the conversion) or write docs directly in
> DocBook format and send them here or commit to KDE repository by
> yourself.

If it's okay, I was thinking I'd stick with UserBase only because I've
spent some effort to learn the nuances on editing etc.

>> Martin did suggest a few other KWin areas which I could document:
>>
>> "But I think that quite a lot of our very useful effects like Present
>> Windows and Desktop Grid are not documented at all. Also I could
>> imagine that quite some documentation is outdated. Oh and the new
>> scripting module does not have any documentation yet, though scripting
>> itself is documented on techbase."
>
> It would be good if Martin give some hints about what should become
> offline docs (docs for KCM modules), what should be written on
> UserBase (with links in KWin windows) and what should be packaged with
> -dev packages for developers (not for ordinary users).

As I'm a newbie in the KDE Doc world, I'm not sure whether I should be
the one asking the above as I don't know what to do with the
information.  :)

What I'd like to do is find the next `high priority' area which needs
attention and nibble away at it.  In between contracts.  :)  I hope
that's okay.

I just need help in understanding what's the next high priority item.

> Thanks in advance for your work.

You're very welcome.  It's the least I can do to contribute.  I should
say, thank you and everyone else who has helped out many times over
me.  We, the user community appreciate it!

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com