[kde-doc-english] branches/work/doc

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Mar 8 17:42:36 UTC 2012

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 03/08/2012 11:38 AM, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apply Now, Force Temporarily
>
> Apply/Force the setting once and unset the attribute.The difference
> between the two is at run-time, Apply Now allows the attribute to
> be changed and Force Temporarily prohibits it to be altered.
>
> This does not match the tooltip in ruleswidget.cpp:
>
> Apply Now:
>
> The window property will be set to the given value immediately and
> will not be affected later (this action will be deleted
> afterwards).
>
> Force temporarily:
>
> The window property will be forced to the given value until it is
> hidden (this action will be deleted after the window is hidden).
>
> What is right/wrong?

Hi Burkhard,

I'm not exactly sure on the question.  :)

Is it possible that the comment in `ruleswidget.cpp' for `Force
Temporarily' meant to say something like:

    From
    ====
    The window property will be forced to the given value until it is
    hidden (this action will be deleted after the window is hidden).

    ==
    The window property will be forced to the given value until it
    `exits' (this action will be deleted after the window `exits').

Perhaps I should be more explicit between the difference of `Apply
Now' and `Force Temporarily'  `Apply Now' can be changed at run-time
however `Force Temporarily' is kept until the window exits.

Please let me know if the above helps.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com