[kde-doc-english] Error in documentation of calligra kexi.pot

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Mar 8 07:15:14 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2012, 16:44:03 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> On woensdag 7 maart 2012 15:39:53 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2012, 14:52:17 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> > > Message # 193 of docmessages/calligra/kexi.pot reads:
> > >
> > > Save the query design for later use by clicking the <guibutton>Save</
> > > guibutton> button on the toolbar.Because the query design has not been
> > > saved yet, you will be asked to specify a name for it. Enter
> > > <replaceable>Contacts</replaceable> text in the caption field and click
> > > the <guilabel>OK</guilabel> button.
> > >
> > > However there is no Save button. There is only a Close button on the
> > > tab, which when pressed comes with the mentioned dialog asking for the
> > > name.
> >
> > $ kexi --version
> > xxQt: 4.8.0
> > KDE Development Platform: 4.8.00 (4.8.0)
> > Kexi: 2.5 Alpha 1 (Calligra 2.5 Alpha 1)
> > xx
> >
> > has the Save button mentioned in the documentation here. Same for Kexi
> > 2.4.
>
> Now I see why I wrote this. The Save button is there only in the Design
> Mode not in the Data Mode. So this needs to be mentioned. Because one can
> go into Data Mode without saving the Form.

This is the same bevavior than with all other dialogs/applications in kde.
Either save your changes explicitely (here Save button in Design Mode as
described in the documentation) or close a Query tab or quit Kexi with unsaved
Query changes and you get a dialog asking for save/discard the unsaved Query
changes.

What do you exactly miss here, the second part of the afore mentioned
paragraph?

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück