[kde-doc-english] Okular help page

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Jun 26 16:11:38 UTC 2012

написане Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:56:33 +0300, Pieter Nuyts
<pieter.nuyts at esat.kuleuven.be>:

> Dear,
>
> I am mailing about the Okular help page "Configuring Okular > Editor".
> It
> explains that it may be useful to specify an editor since Okular can use
> it
> to jump to the right place in the LaTeX source code.  However, the page
> does not explain how to do this.
>
> I know this feature from KDVI where it worked very well together with
> Kile,
> but clicking with the middle mouse button in Okular doesn't seem to work.
>
> I think it would be useful to add this information to the help page.
> Also
> I would be very happy if you could tell me how to use this feature in
> Okular.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pieter Nuyts

Hi,

This is explained in Kile documentation.

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-office/kile/quick_inverse.html

It is done so to avoid irritation of many non-KDE users who may think that
their editor is the best (I do not think so ;) ).

To be serious, there are too many LaTeX editors to explain the commands
for:

Emacs
LaTeXila
TeXmaker
TeXstudio
Vim

Should we provide the commands for them all?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,
Yuri