[kde-doc-english] Meaning of sentence is unclear in konversationdocumentation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Jun 6 11:50:39 UTC 2012

> I found the following text to be translated in message #1002 in the pot file
> of konversation in docmessages/extragear-network.
>
> This is a list of all topics that have been set for this channel while its
> tab was open.\n
> \n
> Duplicates, that is consecutively set topics with identical text and the
> same author, have been merged into a single list entry. The date and time
> shown is that of the last time the topic was set.\n
> \n
> When you select a topic in the list, the edit field below it will receive
> its text. Once you start modifying the contents of the field, however, the
> list will switch from the regular entry selection mode to allowing you to
> perform text selection on the entries in case you may wish to incorporate
> some of their text into the new topic. To return to entry selection mode and
> a synchronized edit field, undo back to the original text or close and
> reopen the dialog.
>
> The second sentence, which start with Duplicates is quite unclear to me.

Hi,

Actually, it is not the pure documentation question [1, line 5002].

I am not a native speaker, but I interpreted the second sentence as follows:

1. Duplicates are the topics with identical text and the same author, have been merged into a single list entry.

2. The duplicates will be merged into a single list entry.

3. The date and time shown for this single entry is the date and time of the last time the topic was set.

Hope this helps. However, it will be good to have an opinion of some native speaker or Eike Hein himself.

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/extragear-network/konversation.pot?revision=1298368&view=markup