[kde-doc-english] Quick review: GUI elements in PDF

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 18:47:37 UTC 2012

On 2012.01.05 13:33, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Current conversion system of d.k.o treats GUI elements in docbook as
> the plain text. This is strict traditional approach. On the other
> hand HTML conversion CSS has extansive system of coloring (enhancing)
> formatting.
>
> So, I just need a quick review.
>
> What do you think about GUI elements representation in the following
> files (~400 KB each, plain text)?
>
> 1. http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdepim/kleopatra/kleopatra.pdf
>
> 2. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55247264/index.docbook_tmp.pdf
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers.

Yuri,

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.  I do like the highlighting of
the elements in index.docbook_tmp.pdf, but I wonder if some readers
might find it too visually disruptive.  I suppose it could depend if
one wanted to just read a section of the book, or if one were just
looking for specific information.

Also - both of the files attached were PDF.  What did you mean by
saying "plain text"?

Jack