[kde-doc-english] Proposal: needs_documentation flag in kmail

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Aug 19 16:45:26 UTC 2012

написане Sun, 19 Aug 2012 17:42:48 +0300, Luigi Toscano
<luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>:

> Hi,
> if I'm not mistaken, when a feature is implemented or some fix leads to
> behaviorial changes such that the existing documentation needs to be
> updated, then
> - the developer should fix the doc
> - the developer should ping the doc team and ask for help for fixing the
> doc
> (I've seen some CCMAIL: here or to kde-i18n-doc)
>
> In both cases, if the changed is tracked in our bugzilla instance,
> wouldn't be
> useful to add a flag (like "needs_documentation") which will be set as
> needs_documentation?
> by the developer/reporter/bug triager?
> Then it will be possible to search for RESOLVED/FIXED bugs with that
> flag, and
> either:
> - fix the documentation and set it to needs_documentation+
> - acknowledge that no fixes are needed and set it to needs_documentation-
>
> I've got this while triaging one wishlist which most probably can be
> implemented by changing some settings and could be covered by a "FAQ"
> section
> of documentation or on wikis.
>
> Would it make sense?
>
> Regards

Hi,

It looks like a good idea.

I wonder if we can tailor down the documentation to suit the current
release. It is hard to maintain all these FAQs and troubleshootings in
actual state. They became too long [1, 2] and their maintainability is
highly questionable.

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips