[kde-doc-english] Proposal: needs_documentation flag in kmail

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Aug 19 14:42:48 UTC 2012

Hi,
if I'm not mistaken, when a feature is implemented or some fix leads to
behaviorial changes such that the existing documentation needs to be updated, then
- the developer should fix the doc
- the developer should ping the doc team and ask for help for fixing the doc
(I've seen some CCMAIL: here or to kde-i18n-doc)

In both cases, if the changed is tracked in our bugzilla instance, wouldn't be
useful to add a flag (like "needs_documentation") which will be set as
needs_documentation?
by the developer/reporter/bug triager?
Then it will be possible to search for RESOLVED/FIXED bugs with that flag, and
either:
- fix the documentation and set it to needs_documentation+
- acknowledge that no fixes are needed and set it to needs_documentation-

I've got this while triaging one wishlist which most probably can be
implemented by changing some settings and could be covered by a "FAQ" section
of documentation or on wikis.

Would it make sense?

Regards
--