[kde-doc-english] Okular Text Selection

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Apr 8 15:01:34 UTC 2012

El Diumenge, 8 d'abril de 2012, a les 09:17:29, Kurt Bischoff va escriure:
> On 04/08/2012 03:15 AM, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> > написане Sat, 07 Apr 2012 11:08:33 +0300, Kurt Bischoff
> >
> > <kbischoff at frontiernet.net>:
> >> Please forward to the Okular developers unless this is clearly a
> >> documentation-only issue.
> >>
> >> Thank you for Okular and for the documentation.
> >>
> >> When I use Okular and I want to select text, I have to go to
> >> Tools-->Text Selection Tool or press Ctrl+4.  But I want the program
> >> to be in that mode by default when I start Okular or open a new
> >> document.  So there should be a preferences option to change the
> >> default.  But I don't see it in the menus or in the Okular
> >> documentation.
> >>
> >> I am guessing that this should be a request for a feature and that it
> >> is not a shortcoming of the documentation.
> >>
> >> Please forward to the Okular developers unless this is clearly a
> >> documentation-only issue.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Kurt Bischoff
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm using Okular 0.14.80 (self-compiled from git master). This version
> > is automatically use the mode selected during the last session. There
> > is no need to select the default mode (this is very reasonable
> > behaviour, imho). Should it be mentioned in documentation?
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuri
>
> Yuri,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes, that behavior seems perfectly reasonable to me too.
>
> If that is the behavior, then I guess it would be good to mention it,
> along with any other modes whose defaults are saved  between sessions.
>
> But the program does not seem to work that way for me.  It always starts
> up in the Browse Tool mode rather than Text Selection Tool mode.

Because you are not running Okular 0.14.80 (self-compiled from git master) as
Yuri is

> And note that you can have more than one Okular session, each with its
> own document, running at once.   So I don't think it is as simple as you
> say.

It is simple, what's the problem? Last selected tool will prevail.

> It seems that the mode is not associated with the copy of a document
> either.

No it's not.

> I ran a test by changing the mode for a document, then closing
> it,  and opening it again, and the change of mode was not preserved.

You are using a version without the feature, so any test you do is going to be
meaningless ;-)

Cheers,
  Albert