[kde-doc-english] documentation backport to 4.7.2

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Sep 7 20:15:48 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, 6. September 2011, 22:00:34 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > looking at
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table) I
> > found these documentation ready for backport to 4.7.2 the next days:
> >
> > Konsole, Glossary, kcmlaunch, autostart, clock, workspaceoptions, Plasma-
> > Desktop, Kalzium, KBruch, KStars, KWordQuiz, GwenView, KSnapShot, KMix,
> > KPPP, KMail, KNode, KOrganizer, Kate, KGPG, KWallet, KFileReplace,
> > KImageMapEditor, KLinkStatus.
> >
> > Anything I missed here?

Backported.
Yuri, please keep an eye on these doc when translating branch and check if I
missed something (png's).

> > Next possible documentation backport is for 4.7.3 is in four weeks, which
> > documentation needs update/rewrite most?
> > Any hints?
> >
> > What comes to my mind:
> >
> > 1) For the kdemain modules:
> > JuK, Kopete, KAddressbook (missing), Parley (update on userbase, adapt to
> > typographic guidelines and export), kcontrol: phonon, autostart,
> > kcmsmserver
> >
> > 2) For extragear/trunk:
> > KIPI-plugins. kcolorchooser for trunk, solve kate/kwrite split in
> > branches/work and move bach to git?
>
> I was going to commit the Kipi-Plugin stuff back to git the other day
> but Yuri made some changes in git I didn't notice and I haven't had
> time to merge them yet.
>
> Kate in branches/work/doc can go ahead and go for 4.7.2 if possible,

Not possible due to updates to 4.8 + splitting into different docbooks than in
branch. It can never go into 4.7.

> KWrite should stay behind until I pull the chapters we don't want and
> fix all the links.  I'd commit to git right now but annoyingly I don't
> have the right SSH key on this machine.  I'll try and do that ASAP
> unless someone beats me to it.  ;-)  (But if it's already too late for
> 4.7.2 don't worry about it, I'll get it in time for 4.7.3.)

KWrite with the changed docbook layout can never go into branch 4.7, that's
impossible!

> Unfortunately, I'm trying to start a new semester and move
> simultaneously so I haven't been able to find time to do much of
> anything lately.  Everything should be settled within two weeks which
> should give me plenty of time to get some stuff done for 4.7.3.

No need to rush as it is not possible to backport kate/kwrite from
branches/work into 4.7.
Try to keep kate/kwrite up to date in master, that will be available via
docs.kde.org.

> > 3) Updating the documentation primer and get it online, remove all links
> > to old versions (l10n.kde.org?).
> >
> > 4) The other To-Dos listed here:
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=131222445905684&w=2

Thank.