[kde-doc-english] documentation backport to 4.7.2

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 20:00:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looking at http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table)
> I found these documentation ready for backport to 4.7.2 the next days:
>
> Konsole, Glossary, kcmlaunch, autostart, clock, workspaceoptions, Plasma-
> Desktop, Kalzium, KBruch, KStars, KWordQuiz, GwenView, KSnapShot, KMix, KPPP,
> KMail, KNode, KOrganizer, Kate, KGPG, KWallet, KFileReplace, KImageMapEditor,
> KLinkStatus.
>
> Anything I missed here?
>
> Next possible documentation backport is for 4.7.3 is in four weeks, which
> documentation needs update/rewrite most?
> Any hints?
>
> What comes to my mind:
>
> 1) For the kdemain modules:
> JuK, Kopete, KAddressbook (missing), Parley (update on userbase, adapt to
> typographic guidelines and export), kcontrol: phonon, autostart, kcmsmserver
>
> 2) For extragear/trunk:
> KIPI-plugins. kcolorchooser for trunk, solve kate/kwrite split in
> branches/work and move bach to git?

I was going to commit the Kipi-Plugin stuff back to git the other day
but Yuri made some changes in git I didn't notice and I haven't had
time to merge them yet.

Kate in branches/work/doc can go ahead and go for 4.7.2 if possible,
KWrite should stay behind until I pull the chapters we don't want and
fix all the links.  I'd commit to git right now but annoyingly I don't
have the right SSH key on this machine.  I'll try and do that ASAP
unless someone beats me to it.  ;-)  (But if it's already too late for
4.7.2 don't worry about it, I'll get it in time for 4.7.3.)

Unfortunately, I'm trying to start a new semester and move
simultaneously so I haven't been able to find time to do much of
anything lately.  Everything should be settled within two weeks which
should give me plenty of time to get some stuff done for 4.7.3.

> 3) Updating the documentation primer and get it online, remove all links to
> old versions (l10n.kde.org?).
>
> 4) The other To-Dos listed here:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=131222445905684&w=2
>
> Thanks.