[kde-doc-english] Screenshot width for documentation

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 12 18:05:28 UTC 2011

On 2011.10.12 13:28, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Some Amarok Manual screenshots are too wide (more than 1000px wide).
> They can be easily shrunk, but how to choose the appropriate width?
>
> So, what is your personal opinion on what should be the maximum width
> for the screenshots of the modern KDE documentation?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri

I approach this by asking what is the oldest, reasonably common
hardware/system running KDE?  I'll guess that anything that can't do at
least 800x600 is probably not going to run X.  However, I don't have
any experience with devices such as tablets and smart phones.  If there
aren't special considerations for them in producing documentation, then
maybe they should have a strong influence on max width of docs and
images.

Jack