[kde-doc-english] Re: New errors/warnings processing man page for KMyMoney

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 29 14:19:06 CEST 2011

On 2011.06.29 04:16, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Wednesday, June 29, 2011, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> ready
> For
> didn't
> having

> refentry/refmeta/refmiscinfo at class=version
> Edwar

> example
> > >
> > > Well, I got rid of all the meta errors by adding
> > >
> > > <refmiscinfo class="source">&kmymoney;</refmiscinfo>
> > > <refmiscinfo class="manual">Executable programs</refmiscinfo>
> > >
> > > to the <refmeta> section.

Albert - note these two conflicting errors:
> > > However, I'm stumped with the author sections.  If I add
> the
> > > </personname> I get:
> > >
> > > man-kmymoney.1.docbook:40: element author: validity error :
> Element
> > > author content does not follow the DTD, expecting ((personname |
> > > (honorific | firstname | surname | lineage | othername |
> affiliation |
> > > authorblurb | contrib)+) , (personblurb | email | address)*), got
> > > (personname contrib email)
> > >
> > > but if I put the contrib within the personname, I get
> > >
> > > man-kmymoney.1.docbook:39: element personname: validity error :
> Element
> > > personname content does not follow the DTD, expecting (honorific |
> > > firstname | surname | lineage | othername)+, got (firstname
> surname
> > > contrib)
> > >
> > > which looks to me like there is a problem with the DTD or how it
> is
> > > being applied.
> > >
> > > Am I missing something obvious?  I seem to have the latest
> docbook xml
> > > dtd's available on Gentoo.
> >
> > I see this errors in my build logs since kde <=4.6, but never
> noticed that.
> > Obviously the reason is, that in 4.6 the internal copy of docbook in
> > kdelibs was removed and the package docbook-xsl is used now.
> >
> > Seems all our man pages are broken, no kmymoney specific problem.
>
> What do you mean by "broken"? Yes, I see there is a note saying that
> it might
> be a good idea to add a contrib note for authors, but as far as i can
> see (at
> least with the kbuildsycoca4 man page) the author is added to the
> generated
> manpage just fine.
>
> Albert

The note to add a contrib or authorblurb does not make it broken.
However, if I do add a contrib section, I get a different error
depending on where I add it, yet one of those two locations should be
correct.  I believe the first attempt above should be correct "got
(personname contrib email)" but what it says it expects seems wrong,
implying that the contrib should be at the same level as the parts of
the name.

Jack