[kde-doc-english] Re: New errors/warnings processing man page for KMyMoney

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 10:16:16 CEST 2011

A Wednesday, June 29, 2011, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> [...]
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: meta source : see http://docbook.sf.net/el/refmiscinfo
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: meta version: no *info/productnumber or alternative
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: meta version: see http://docbook.sf.net/el/productnumber
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: meta version: no refentry/refmeta/refmiscinfo at class=version
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: meta version: see http://docbook.sf.net/el/refmiscinfo
> > > kmymoney
> > > Warn: meta source : no fallback for source, so inserted a fixme
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: meta manual : no titled ancestor of refentry
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: meta manual : no refentry/refmeta/refmiscinfo at class=manual
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: meta manual : see http://docbook.sf.net/el/refmiscinfo
> > > kmymoney
> > > Warn: meta manual : no fallback for manual, so inserted a fixme
> > > kmymoney
> > > Warn: AUTHOR sect.: no personblurb|contrib for Michael T\&. Edwar
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: AUTHOR sect.: see see http://docbook.sf.net/el/contrib
> > > kmymoney
> > > Note: AUTHOR sect.: see see http://docbook.sf.net/el/personblurb
> > > kmymoney
> > >
> > > The AUTHOR items repeat for each listed author.
> > >
> > > I'd appreciate a pointer to any summary of these items or an example
> > > docbook that does the "right" thing.
> >
> > Well, I got rid of all the meta errors by adding
> >
> > <refmiscinfo class="source">&kmymoney;</refmiscinfo>
> > <refmiscinfo class="manual">Executable programs</refmiscinfo>
> >
> > to the <refmeta> section.
> >
> > However, I'm stumped with the author sections.  If I add
> > </personname> I get:
> >
> > man-kmymoney.1.docbook:40: element author: validity error : Element
> > author content does not follow the DTD, expecting ((personname |
> > (honorific | firstname | surname | lineage | othername | affiliation |
> > authorblurb | contrib)+) , (personblurb | email | address)*), got
> > (personname contrib email)
> >
> > but if I put the contrib within the personname, I get
> >
> > man-kmymoney.1.docbook:39: element personname: validity error : Element
> > personname content does not follow the DTD, expecting (honorific |
> > firstname | surname | lineage | othername)+, got (firstname surname
> > contrib)
> >
> > which looks to me like there is a problem with the DTD or how it is
> > being applied.
> >
> > Am I missing something obvious?  I seem to have the latest docbook xml
> > dtd's available on Gentoo.
>
> I see this errors in my build logs since kde <=4.6, but never noticed that.
> Obviously the reason is, that in 4.6 the internal copy of docbook in
> kdelibs was removed and the package docbook-xsl is used now.
>
> Seems all our man pages are broken, no kmymoney specific problem.

What do you mean by "broken"? Yes, I see there is a note saying that it might
be a good idea to add a contrib note for authors, but as far as i can see (at
least with the kbuildsycoca4 man page) the author is added to the generated
manpage just fine.

Albert