[kde-doc-english] Re: Current plans for the doc team?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:16:41 CET 2011

Just a response from the Amarok Handbook person, below:

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:23 AM, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am just a translator, but...
>
> написане Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:49:47 +0200, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
> <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am going to India in March for the KDE.in conference to talk about
>> KDE-Edu
>> and I was asked to give a talk about documentation as well. So I need
>> some
>> pointers on what to say!
>> - is there any page with doc TODO?
>
> There are several linked pages:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table)
>
>> - a list of outdated docs?
>
> See above.
>
>> - there were talks to use a wiki for doc, any news on that?
>
> The script can be found here
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/doc/
>
> but there is no documentation on wiki worth to convert now (except for
> some pages, see below).
>
>> - how does Userbase complete the manuals?
>
> Sometimes good (when there is no manual), sometimes not at all.
>
> Good pages worth to convert (imho):

> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual:
>
> Problems:
> 1) unfinished;
> 2) there is no definite position of this manual in the current Amarok
> documentation (is there any possibility to have 2 Help menu entries?).
::snip::

We're almost finished. I'm removing construction tags as I check them off.

The Handbook is intended to be the single help menu entry. I'm not
entirely sure how to help that bit along, but I'll find out once all
the pages are DONE.

For now, we are checking that all information is both correct and
up-to-date, that images are sized, wiki markup is correct, all links
live, etc.

Still learning,

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez