[kde-doc-english] branches/work/doc

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Aug 7 05:58:04 UTC 2011

написане Sun, 07 Aug 2011 06:55:46 +0300, Thomas Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth at gmail.com>:

> Methinks this would make translating easier as the shared chapter
> between kate and
> kwrite will always be exactly the same except for the lead paragraph.
> It certainly
> makes syncing much easier.  Please let me know if entities shouldn't be
> (ab)used
> this way and I'll sed them to normal text instead.

To be honest it makes translation somewhat non-trivial. ;)

Local (per-docbook) entities are untranslatable. Translator should guess
that the translation from kwrite cannot be used in kate and re-translate
&powermode; in kate docbook (suggestion from kwrite is the false friend,
it leaves "(power user mode)" untranslated). The knowledge of that cannot
be guessed from common sense. ;)