[kde-doc-english] Todo's for the Documentation Team

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Aug 4 16:37:26 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, 20:51:08 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> On 8/1/11, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > some todos from my list:
> >
> > 1) update documentation
> > gwenview, kcolorchooser, knode - all uploaded to branches/work/doc
> > Anybody wants to step in?
>
> I can take on gwenview, since I have to wait on kate anyway.

I had a quick look at your update, looks aready quite goo. What is still
missing is a chapter/sect about gwenview-importer, Infos see
http://agateau.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/gwenview-importer/

gwenview-importer has a help button which leads to nowhere so far - and was
therefore temporarily disabled by Aurelien until infos about gwenview-importer
has been added to the docbook.

> > kgpg: revocation -> Eike
> >
> > kate (find-in-files plugin will be replaced by the new Search plugin,
> > updates of
> > vi input mode, new Modeline Editor) -> T.C.?
>
> Unfortunately, this requires building git and my primary development
> machine is out of order at the moment (and I'd rather have teeth
> pulled than try to build something on this thing :-) so it'll be
> awhile before I can get started on it.  I've already ordered parts so
> it shouldn't be too long, though.

These are updates for 4.8, so no need to get in a hurry.

> I assume all the necessary vi mode updates are listed here:
> http://kate-editor.org/2011/07/26/vimode-gsoc2011/

Yes and the articles on http://kate-editor.org are really helpfull to improve
the documentation.
If you have fixes/update which apply also to 4.7 please do a separate commit,
maybe this could be merged back.

Are you interested to become the kate/kwrite handbook maintainer, see
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kwrite-devel&m=131180351212510&w=2
I'm sure you'll be doing a good job.

> Should I work in git/master or copy it back to SVN?

Everything in a git/master doc dir is processed once a day by scripty
(extracting docmessages templates, merging with existing translations) so
every change there affects a lot of people in the translation teams. Therefore
I'd avoid to "develop" (changig hence and forth) a documentation in a doc dir
processed by scripty.

Yuri (much busier translation trunk) what do you think?

Btw. we have a knode update in branches/work/doc.

Any reviewer for that documentation?

Thanks
--
Burkhard Lück