[kde-doc-english] Todo's for the Documentation Team

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:51:08 UTC 2011

On 8/1/11, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some todos from my list:
>
> 1) update documentation
> gwenview, kcolorchooser, knode - all uploaded to branches/work/doc
> Anybody wants to step in?

I can take on gwenview, since I have to wait on kate anyway.

> kgpg: revocation -> Eike
>
> kate (find-in-files plugin will be replaced by the new Search plugin,
> updates of
> vi input mode, new Modeline Editor) -> T.C.?

Unfortunately, this requires building git and my primary development
machine is out of order at the moment (and I'd rather have teeth
pulled than try to build something on this thing :-) so it'll be
awhile before I can get started on it.  I've already ordered parts so
it shouldn't be too long, though.

I assume all the necessary vi mode updates are listed here:
http://kate-editor.org/2011/07/26/vimode-gsoc2011/

Should I work in git/master or copy it back to SVN?

> 2) kde-doc-english usage of the kde wikis:
> Please read techbase.kde.org / community.kde.org
> http://kate-editor.org/2010/07/26/the-mission-of-kdes-wikis/, an excellent
> article.
>
> Seems we need to discuss/improve our usage of the wikis:
> cleanup Techbase, where we have:
> Projects/Documentation
> Projects/Documentation/KDE4
> Projects/Documentation/KDE4/kdepim > 2,5 years old, just a stub
> Projects/Documentation/KDE4/kdepim/kmail > 2 years old, just a stub
> Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table) Up to date! Thanks to Yuri!
>
> Community
> KDE_Documentation (just one page)
>
> The doc health table on techbase or community?
>
> 3) Doc Primer + screenshot rules update - Yuri?
> Add that to the wikis?
>
> 4) Put the  Visiual Dictionary (updated from kde3) online to get consistent
> wording/naming of the gui elements?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Burkhard Lück