[kde-doc-english] Todo's for the Documentation Team

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Aug 1 19:07:14 UTC 2011

написане Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:46:58 +0300, Burkhard Lück
<lueck at hube-lueck.de>:

> 3) Doc Primer + screenshot rules update - Yuri?
> Add that to the wikis?

It is good idea. I am still working on this documentation (not in
committable state yet, sorry, fixture in my room... ;) ). But where should
it be?

It seems that most documenters for users are on UserBase, but our
responsible developers (who cares about documentation on their tremendous
application) are on TechBase..

About the screenshots: it seems that old rule (8-bit colors) is not
applicable any more. Should it be skipped?

Compressed with optipng+pngnq screenshots miss some colors but at least 9
times smaller than typical original png. It removes huge offprints from
docs like the new Amarok manual (another could have been? ;) ).

If it comes to my plans (my role in keeping Health table is very
exaggerated ;) ) I want to update Kalzium docbook if I have two-three
hours in August.

Thanks for your answers and opinions.

Yuri