[kde-doc-english] Re: konq-plugins documentation in extragear/base/

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue Nov 30 22:33:44 CET 2010

Am Montag, 22. November 2010, um 00:39:41 schrieb David Faure:
> On Saturday 20 November 2010, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to update the Konqueror plugins documentation and join all
> > docbooks into a single one.
> >
> > From my PoV it is easier to maintain only one docbook and translation
> > file. Furthermore with only one docbook we don't need a (so far missing)
> > special rule in autogen.sh for the all language konq-plugins docbooks.
> >
> > Comments? Objections?
>
> I'm not sure this is a good idea because I was thinking about moving some
> plugins to kdebase, actually (see kde-core-devel post with "kdeplugins" in
> subject). There was no reply to my last post, the one that suggested moving
> them to kdebase/apps/konqueror-plugins. From which I could conclude that
> there was no objection, I guess :)

Ups, somehow i overlooked the relevance for documentation in this thread.

> Well, actually, if I move *all* of them then obviously the docbooks can be
> merged indeed. Let's do that then.

From the documentation pov that is the best solution, no need for an
additional desktop file to make the Konqueror plugins documentation visible in
KHelpcenter again. Then I'll add all that docs to the Konqueror documentation.

I'll be notified by scripty's log when you move the code and with it the
message catalogs (guess that will be for 4.7). I'll take care of the
documentation and the doc translations then.

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück