[kde-doc-english] Doc for Kate: File Templates plugin

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Jun 28 13:47:19 CEST 2010

написане Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:56:02 +0300, Kevin Safford
<kevin.safford at gmail.com>:

> Hello
>
> I've some suggestions to improve the doc for this page - see attached
> kate.odt file. (This is a copy of the existing doc, with my changes
> shown.)
>
> Basically, tell users that this plugin is not enabled in a default
> installation of Kate, and describe how to enable it.
>
> Background: I'm pretty new to Gnu/Linux (<2 years). I currently use
> Gnome (Ubuntu Jaunty and Lucid), and have been looking for a decent text
> editor for Perl and Bash scripts. Kate looks perfect, but it took me a
> long while to work out how to enable templates. The two main
> difficulties were:
>
> 1. The doc doesn't make it clear that you need to enable the plugin.
> 2. Talk of the template folder being part of the 'KDE file system' made
> me think that maybe this function was not included under an installation
> under Gnome. Dumb, I know, but that's users for you!
>
> I hope this is helpful. My day job is writing doc for middleware, so I
> won't be upset if I don't hear from you, or you write back and rip my
> suggestions to shreds!
>
> All the best - and thanks for Kate.

Hi!

KDE is now in string freeze, so please wait a little until your changes
will be settled in place.

I have committed changed version of plugins.docbook in [1]. It will be
reviewed by the editor of Kate documentation (Burkhard Lück) after his
vacation.

I have attached the preview of the new version to this message.

Thanks for your suggestions and best regards,
Yuri

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/branches/doc/kate