[kde-doc-english] Parley userbase manual

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Jun 9 08:38:11 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 7. Juni 2010, um 18:45:35 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> Hi, Burkhard.  I hadn't seen this when I wrote the other message to you.
> I'm glad that it worked, even though you had to do some preparation work.

Some comments/questions regarding the page dump + conversion:
@Frederik:
top level in parley docbook should be chapter not sect1?
what to do with empty sections, that is not allowed in docbook? comment them
out and add content when it is added at the userbase page?

@Anne
what is the difference between
[[Image:Parley welcome screen.png|thumb|500px]]
and
[[File:Parley file select dialog 0-9-4.png|thumb|500px]]
why Image and File here?

The perl script wt2db works basicallly, but has some bugs / could be improved
for these wiki markup elements:

1) wrong placing of closing </para> for itemized lists
2) [[File:foo]] conversion to screenshot markup in docbook
3) internal/external links are wrong

If there is any one with some skills in perl, please have a look at these
issues.
I have uploaded wt2db+Wt2Db.pm together with all intermediate file generated in
the conversion process to branches/work/doc/parley/.

Any help to improve the conversation process  and the pearl script is really
appreciated.

> As I mentioned in my other message, I now have to look at fine-tuning, to
> make the system work best for both on-line and off-line translators.  If
> there are specific changes that would be helpful, please let me know asap,
> so that we can meet everyone's needs.  Thanks

Some defaults which should to be used in the wiki markup to ease the
conversation:

1) consecutiv order of heading levels like:
=level1=
==level2==
===level3===

2) one markup only für GUI strings?

3) File or image names either with spaces or with underscores, no mixture

4) avoid > 1 markup for one string like ''''' (bold + italic)

5) avoid empty sections

--
Burkhard Lück