[kde-doc-english] Progress Bar drop-down from the Kmenu panel.

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Jan 30 13:51:26 CET 2010

написане Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:55:08 +0200, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>:

> Kubuntu Karmic 9.10, KDE 4.3.4, AMDquad 9600, 4gb SDRAM, nVidia 9600
> Video
> Card, SATA Drives and ext4 file system.
>
> I recently re-installed Kubuntu Karmic to solve an otherwise unsolvable
> problem.  After the new installation was configured, the progress bar
> plasmoid
> changed, in that, it no longer showed the speed of transfer of data,
> only the
> progress.  This was a wonderful feature and is useful on some work I am
> doing
> related to transfer speeds.  I right-clicked on the item and found the
> check
> box that would include transfer progress, but there was no option to
> include
> speed of transfer.
>
> Before the re-iinstallatin, the progress plasmoid would also give me the
> changing rate in MBPS.  The speed of transfer might change from 170mbps
> 120mbps to 150mbps during the transfer process.  These changes are what
> interest me.  Is there a configuration adjustment that will return the
> speed
> rate back to the application?  I would like to know what it would take
> to make
> transfer speeds stable and not fluctuating?  I am not sure if I am
> posing the
> question to the right people.  I hope I haven't abused your time.
> Thanks!
>
> Steven

Hi!

Yes, you are right, this place is not for user support. This list is for
document writers. If you have questions or suggestions on documentation,
please share your opinion or suggestions here.

The best places to repost you message will be

1) kde-linux mailing list: