[kde-doc-english] Progress Bar drop-down from the Kmenu panel.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 29 18:55:08 CET 2010

Kubuntu Karmic 9.10, KDE 4.3.4, AMDquad 9600, 4gb SDRAM, nVidia 9600 Video
Card, SATA Drives and ext4 file system.

I recently re-installed Kubuntu Karmic to solve an otherwise unsolvable
problem.  After the new installation was configured, the progress bar plasmoid
changed, in that, it no longer showed the speed of transfer of data, only the
progress.  This was a wonderful feature and is useful on some work I am doing
related to transfer speeds.  I right-clicked on the item and found the check
box that would include transfer progress, but there was no option to include
speed of transfer.

Before the re-iinstallatin, the progress plasmoid would also give me the
changing rate in MBPS.  The speed of transfer might change from 170mbps to
120mbps to 150mbps during the transfer process.  These changes are what
interest me.  Is there a configuration adjustment that will return the speed
rate back to the application?  I would like to know what it would take to make
transfer speeds stable and not fluctuating?  I am not sure if I am posing the
question to the right people.  I hope I haven't abused your time.  Thanks!

Steven