[kde-doc-english] [RFC] Removing outdated documentation

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Jan 13 09:59:06 CET 2010

Hello,

besides the Application Manuals and Systemsettings/KControl modules the
KHelpcenter has some general Information like these:

* Welcome to KDE (part of khelpcenter)

* The KDE User Guide (2005)

* Tutorials - Quickstart Guide (2004)
* Tutorials - Visual Guide (2007)

* KDE FAQ (2005)

* Contact Information (part of khelpcenter)
* KDE on the Web (part of khelpcenter)
* Supporting KDE (part of khelpcenter)

A lot of information in these documents is outdated, still from kde3, Plasma
is completely missing - or is more suitable on Userbase like the FAQ or the
Tutorials.

Shipping these documentation with a realease does not make sense to me, it
will most likely only confuse the users.

I am in favour to remove most of this stuff asap, either because we are not
able to update it to usefull docs in short term or because it is better
located on Userbase/Techbase.

What do you think?

--
Burkhard Lück