[kde-doc-english] control center manual

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 03:18:03 CET 2010

awhile there was some discussion in regards to working on updating the
Control Center Modules, are all of these modules located in svn under
kdebase/workspace/kcontrol ? or am I missing some?  Been trying to figure
out which ones are not updated or missing.

So far I've noticed several problems (Note I am running Kubuntu 9.10 with
the KDE 4.4 Beta 2 packages installed):

Multiple Monitors -- can't find a doc that covers that one (should be
kcmshell4 xinerama)

Keyboard -- There seems to be two entries for this in KHelpCenter

Keyboard Layout -- How does this section differ from the keyboard sections
already in KHelpCenter

CDDB Retrieval -- Can't find a document that covers this one (should be
kcmshell4 libkcddb)

General -- No idea what this is supposed to be

General -- Section talks about Dolphin's settings, should be renamed?

The other I have noticed is the docs seem to have different styles when I
open them up in KHelpCenter.  An example of this would be look at "Screen
Edges" vs "Joystick" vs  "Launch Feedback."  Would be nice if we could get
these all looking similar so they don't seem so eye jarring when navigating

What is the next step on these?