[kde-doc-english] Addition to Kig Handbook

D. Brown wangsuda2003 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 04:15:06 CET 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

I noticed that the help manual is not clear on shape rotation a specific
number of degrees around a point. I wrote this for my students to help
them.  Perhaps it can be included in the Kig manual.

Sincerely,
Douglas Brown

  HOW TO: Rotate a shape a specific number of degrees around a point

   1.

   Click on “Objects>Angles>Angle by Three Points” and make your desired
   angle of rotation somewhere on Kig, generally in an unobtrusive place. If
   desired, right click on the angle and click on “Add Text Label>Angle in
   Degrees.”
   2.

   Click on “Objects” and construct your desired object.
   3.

   Right click on your shape, and click on “Transform>Rotate.”
   4.

   Set your desired point of rotation.
   5.

   Click on your angle.
   6.

   Your shape is rotated!

 NOTES:

Constructing your angle with an opening to the right allows for clockwise
shape rotation. Constructing your angle with an opening to the left AND
adding the text label will allow both clockwise and counter-clockwise
rotations.

   -

   Clicking on the arrow created by the angle makes a counter-clockwise
   rotation. Clicking on the text label of the angle makes a clockwise
   rotation.