[kde-doc-english] kttsmgr - configure - add talker

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Aug 21 08:21:24 CEST 2010

написане Fri, 20 Aug 2010 22:39:14 +0300, Lorne Shantz
<lorne_shantz at yahoo.com>:

> Folks,
>
> I am running opensuse 11.3, but don't think it matters. I have searched
> the Internet and many are having the same issues. You talk about talkers
> and how easy it is to configure. What you don't bother to say, is how to
> get those talkers! I have searched high and wide. I have installed
> numerous talkers, but NONE show up in the menu. Your text needs to be
> modified so hundreds of us can get this working. My guess is, the
> talkers are on the system, but because of a bug, a symlink is missing or
> similar. Please advise us how to make this work! Thanks in advance.
>
> lorne_shantz at yahoo.com
>
> P.S. Give me the answer, and I will help spread the word.
> P.P.S. It works fine in Opensuse 11.2 btw.

Hi!

For now, the best reading that KDE can propose is

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdeaccessibility/jovie/index.html

(That is a part of typical KDE documentation)

You can also ask for the help in kde-accessibility (you can obtain the
answers from developers there).