[kde-doc-english] kttsmgr - configure - add talker

Lorne Shantz lorne_shantz at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 21:39:14 CEST 2010

Folks,

I am running opensuse 11.3, but don't think it matters. I have searched the Internet and many are having the same issues. You talk about talkers and how easy it is to configure. What you don't bother to say, is how to get those talkers! I have searched high and wide. I have installed numerous talkers, but NONE show up in the menu. Your text needs to be modified so hundreds of us can get this working. My guess is, the talkers are on the system, but because of a bug, a symlink is missing or similar. Please advise us how to make this work! Thanks in advance.

lorne_shantz at yahoo.com

P.S. Give me the answer, and I will help spread the word.
P.P.S. It works fine in Opensuse 11.2 btw.