[kde-doc-english] What is this?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Aug 5 08:12:23 CEST 2010

написане Thu, 05 Aug 2010 04:51:20 +0300, Andy Canfield
<andy at arakka.co.th>:

> This snapshot was taken with gimp from my KDE4 desktop:

KDE has native screenshoter (KSnapshot):

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdegraphics/ksnapshot/index.html

> Please tell me the name of that bar which is hanging next to the Icon,
> the one with four grey icons on it that appear to be resizel, refresh,
> properties, and delete. I would like very much to get rid of these bars;
> they pop in and out all the time and distract me and get in the way of
> my mouse. But since I do not know what they are called I can not google
> for information.

These are applets handles. Just lock the widgets to get rid of them.

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-workspace/plasma-desktop/desktop.html

(The page above should be a part of plasma-desktop documentation shipped
with your desktop.
If it's not please feel free to file bug report against your distribution.)

More about Plasma (with screencasts):

http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/HowTo

> (Looks like something that should be added to the "KDE Visual Dictionary
> of terms" in the KDE Help Center, which is where I got your e-mail
> address.)

Nobody wanted to maintain "Visual Dictionary", so it was removed from KDE
docs.

Maybe you have the ideas to revive it?

Best regards,
Yuri