[kde-doc-english] Outdated man page policy?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 14 22:22:41 CEST 2009

Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Montag 14 September 2009 21:32:57 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
>> Burkhard � wrote:
>>> When an entity is used more than one time, that happens already in the
>>> translations around 15 times.
>> Um... really? If so I did it wrong, I thought that was more-or-less the
>> list of authors. (Though, if only for single-point-of-maintenance, I
>> think I would disagree with "more than one time" here...)
>>
> Hmm, your entity is in contributor.entities in trunk, so you did it right.
>
> Imaging you would like to write your name with pretty, but sometimes
> unprintable "ö" instead of "oe", just change the entity in kdelbs.
> Then each time a documentation and it's translattion is build and installed,
> this change is spread into all installed files, even into the translations.

Yes, exactly my point. So I am confused, one /should/ add themselves to
contributor.entities right away, or wait until their name is used more
than once? (Well, if you count translations, I guess there is no such
thing as "once"?)

(In my case, as a native of that horribly backwards country which
bestowed on me the en_US language, I don't even pronounce my last name
anywhere close to the "proper German", much less have any desire to
spell it Wöhlke¹ :-), which it hasn't been for a few generations at least.)

(¹ Wow, that looks odd... ;-) )

--
Matthew
"Microsoft doesn't really care about users." -- Robert Cringely