[kde-doc-english] Would like to help with Documentation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Mar 3 19:49:33 CET 2009

Hi!

If you want to help with proofreading then precede as follows:

1) Download docbook for the application you want to proofread. Docbooks are available on http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/  (Use Konqueror or Firefox, last versions of Opera are not supported). You can find docbooks in "doc" folders of appropriate module (e.g. kopete docbook can be found here: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/doc/kopete/ ).

2) Open help file of the application (F1 when application window is in focus).

3) Open docbook in your favorite text editor.

3) If you find typos, malformed sentences, etc. in help file then correct appropriate sentences in docbook. When you are finished, send the corrected docbook in this mailing-list.

4) Somebody will put this docbook in its proper place. Jus wait for the new release.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. As you can see by this message, your help is absolutely needed. ;-)