[kde-doc-english] An issue in Dolphin on Windows XP

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 12:21:39 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

> Hello, KDE-DOC!
>
> I'm Dmitry and I'm enjoying KDE 4.2.2 stable on Windows. But there's an
> issue with Dolphin - I've undocked the places bar and can't neiher dock it
> back nor move around the screen. The undocked places bar does not have any
> title on it and I dont know how to drag it. The only thing I can do is to
> hide\show it by hitting F9.
>
> Also, I have followed the FAQ and defined Dolphin as a default Windows
> shell. But the only thing it does on startup - is launching a file manager
> window of Dolphin, I can't find out how do I get a KDE Desktop on Windows.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you soon,
> Many thanks in advance,

Can I ask you how you found this mailing list? You're the 3rd person today to ask a support question - I'm wondering if there's a reference to this mailing list suggesting it's for support issues (whereas it's actually for the English documentation team).

Kind regards,
Malcolm

--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader