[kde-doc-english] KDE user guide

Brian Butterfield bbutterfield at kresscarrier.com
Fri Feb 22 19:38:05 CET 2008

Hi,

I have installed KDE on my system and am having problems using any of
the install features.  I am completely unfamiliar with the command
lines, language, syntax, and nomenclature associated with KDE or any
Linux system.  I grew up on PC-DOS and MS-DOS and am severely out of
practice.  Where can I find a comprehensive list of commands so I can
try to install hardware, software, and troubleshoot on my system?  Also
I've noticed that Konqueor throws an error (I think 11) on almost every
window loaded and won't access the "new yahoo" mail system nor will it
access "bluetie" mail system (although I don't use bluetie anymore
anyway.)   If there's a guide to use to find out how to configure the
PIM that would be good too.  Also compatibility with my old Palm Vx
would be good and an interface in your IM interface for Google would be
good too.  Enough babble...all in all it seems like a very good system
and I look forward to learning it and then taking it out for a spin to
see what it'll do.  On an unrelated topic...can anyone tell me what
Linux flavor and PCMCIA devices to use on my old P-133 laptop?  I'd like
to turn it into a secure web server for the house.

Thanks much, great job, and keep it up!

Brian W. Butterfield
ISO Representative and
Quality Technician for Carrier Systems
Kress Corporation
309/446-3395 extension 377
bbutterfield at kresscarrier.com <mailto:bbutterfield at kresscarrier.com>

NOTICE - This email (including all attachments) is the sole property of
Kress Corporation. It may contain personal and confidential information,
and is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or any other action is
unauthorized and may be unlawful. This email is also subject to
copyright. No part of it shall be reproduced, adapted or communicated
without the written consent of Kress Corporation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately
by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system.