[kde-doc-english] bug chase & doc reorg

George [Skip] VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Mon Dec 29 22:11:08 CET 2008

Greetings.

This is submitted via the "feedback" selector in the intro to ksysguard.
Please consider the attachment for replacement of the "Introduction"
paragraphs in the System Monitor document -- or toss it out.
After doing this massage I have isolated what has been bothering me...
Thus I present it mostly as a description of "how I think"?

Some background.
I find some change in F10 and I come from a long use of F8 where ksysguard was
a daily review for me.  It ran 24/7.  My perspective before this exercise was
that F10 lost some of the functionality built into F8.  Of course that is
wrong, F10 is simply different -- perhaps better.  In any case what I got used
to doing in F8 did not work under F10 and I needed to sort out what F10 had
available.

As I began the document review, I needed some reorganization simply because it
is how I view ksysguard.  So to help myself I cut-n-pasted into OO and moved
stuff around, then I borrowed from later parts of the document to flesh out the
"Introduction" section.  Naturally OO is not the tool of choice and cut-n-
paste loses some spit-n-polish found under the document viewer, but then this
is merely a review to help me.  Now only for myself the intro makes perfect
sense.

So here is my version of introduction.  Use it if you want and I don't want
any credit for it if you do even though it might violate the spirit of open
stuff.  At your request I am willing to continue with more detail sections of
the manual you consider to be "in need"...

Thanks for whatever consideration you give to this.
Skip