[kde-doc-english] Documentation for Gwenview

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Dec 15 21:49:09 CET 2008

Am Freitag 12 Dezember 2008 18:57:13 schrieb Barry Demers:
> I have been in contact with Aurelien Gateau regarding writing an updated
> document for Gwenview, targeted to run under KDE4.3.

Why do you want to wait for 4.3?

I'm pretty shure I can backport an updated documentation to 4.2.1

> While I have had some experience writing documentation, this would be my
> first attempt in the Docbook environment.  I did notice that  a plain
> text  document would be considered acceptable by you, as  I'd certainly
> fall into the "never get around to the writing" group. I feel quite
> intimidated even supplying only a text version, as  coming up with the
> 4.3 version is not going to be any small feat for me.  If I can avoid
> the Docbook formatting for the time being, and if I can figure out how
> to get KDE4.3 running (wherever it is), then I think I'll be on the
> downhill side of the mountain.

No need to struggle with docbook, just send plain text, that is fine.

Maybe you can try a live cd with kde 4.1 or 4.2 beta to update the docs?

> Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Don't hestate to aks any question on this list.

--
Burkhard Lück