[kde-doc-english] Glossary

Manfred Mislik tic at tictric.net
Sun Dec 14 18:29:55 CET 2008

As I'm really busy learning the quirks of laying out a sensible index for the
kmail handbook I learned that a glossary would be necessary. There are too
many technical terms that users might not necessarily need to know but may
stumble upon and just want to find out what they mean. That's what glossaries
in handbooks are made for. Right?

Now I tinkered a bit round with that but wasn't quite successful with putting
it in proper docbook format.

<glossary> acts like a <sect1> but not like a <chapter> as a I thought it
would be practical. So I see that I'll need to put that glossary in a chapter
to generate a consistent index. Is there some agreement within the kde-doc
team on how and where to put glossaries?

Manfred

tictric at jabber.ccc.de