[kde-doc-english] Proposal to use (docbook)wiki for docs

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 02:57:20 CEST 2008

Going to start working again on trying to submit some docs that might need
updating but I do agree there needs to be a better way for new people, like
myself to start committing to kde-docs and here are some suggestions that I
would like to make besides a wiki:

1.  Provide some easier way to check out the docs.  When I start working on
Kubuntu docs I simply checkout the Kubuntu docs package from bzr.  However
to start checking out the documents for kde-docs I need to go through svn
and start checking out a large number of different directories.  Maybe there
should be some form of script on techbase or some thing we can point people

2.  Better "calendar" on when string freeze, translations freeze etc happens
that other people can point to and say "I need top have X doc done at Y
date"

Just my thoughts, starting to dig through the kde docs again and hopefully
commit some things.

Jontahn