[kde-doc-english] Proposal to use (docbook)wiki for docs

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 03:03:00 CEST 2008

Would a wiki really help make the documetnation better?  Wouldn't there be
less quality control in regards to a wiki.  Who would control what went on
the wiki, how would the wiki deal with spam?  Is it really that hard to
contribute to KDE-Docs?  We have this converstation all the time with
ubuntu-docs as well.

How would documentation on the wiki translate into a help manual for offline
access?  Not everyone has high speed or constantly connected documentation.
How does the documentation on wiki translate into documentation on the
client in a help manual?

If a distro links to the documentation currently (as the Kubuntu docs do)
how do you deal with this downstream?

As far as I know there is currently not a wiki -> docbook plugin that works
constistent, once again something the Ubuntu Doc team has tried to get to
work correctly in MoinMoin -> Docbook and also Docbook -> MoinMoin.

Jonathan