[kde-doc-english] Fwd: So, I am a beginner

ddevine ddevine at rpath.com
Thu Apr 17 16:55:16 CEST 2008

Philip Rodrigues wrote:

> Subject: So, I am a beginner
> Date: Wednesday 09 April 2008
> From: "Mark Shelby" <mshelby1 at gmail.com>
> To: kde-doc-english-owner at kde.org
>
> How do I get started working on Documentation for 4.0 series apps?
>
> I have been using KDE for many many years and figure that helping with
> documentation is one way that I can give something of quality back to
> the KDE community.
>
> The problem is that I know very little about where to begin, or what
> the process is.
> I saw the page on techbase, but unless I'm missing something it
> doesn't really tell me how to get started.
>

> I am ready to pick out an app and start writing so... help get me going!
>
> thanks,
> -Mark

This kind of message is common.

At my company, when we get informational requests all the time for the
same subject, we write a how-to, FAQ, or technical "tip" on how to do
exactly that.

I would write this and submit it, but I honestly don't know the process
for being involved either.

--
Derrick Devine, Technical Writer
phone: (919) 851-3984 x2151