[kde-doc-english] KDEGames documentation question

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Thu Oct 4 22:55:18 CEST 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007, Eugene Trounev wrote:
| Hi KDEDoc team,
|
| I'm in charge of KDEGames documentation and I have a feq questions.
|
| 1. If I understand correctly - we should write allthe docs first and then
| submit them to you for correction. right?

You can do that if you would like, but if you are in charge of the KDE Games
doco, then as long as they are done correctly (ie. validate, pass KDE
Electronic Breakfast Network, and build correctly (ie. meinproc, we will
worry about PDF later) and you have commit rights, go ahead and rock on.
Otherwise, you can just send them here so one of us can look them over and
commit as necessary.

| 2. I have read the guidelines for KDE docs on the techbase where the
| default structure of the document is described. But it (the instruction) is
| designed to describe applications and not games. Can I add a few additional
| sections to the help? Things like: How to play, Game Rules, Strategies and
| Tips, and Frequently asked questions?

Sure, you can build up on the topics if you need to. Just try not to shy far
away from other docs, but telling a person how to play, the rules, and
truthfully, everything you want, will be fine.

| 3. Is there an application to write and edit docbooks, or is it done in
| text editor?

I use Kate, and there is a Kate plugin that will validate your KDE
documentation as well, which makes it really nice. No WYSIWYG editor as of
yet.

| Thank you for your help.

No problem, thanks for helping out with the documentation. Sorry I didn't
catch you online, I was in class all day. I have been super busy with a few
fairly large midterm projects, but I should be catching up within the next
week hopefully. Thanks again.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org