[kde-doc-english] Process list

Tom Vollerthun vollerthun at gmx.de
Wed Oct 3 12:40:40 CEST 2007

Hey there.

After some time, here's the update of the "System Activity" documentation I made.

Still much comes from the original KSysguard doc, but I have enhanced it quit a bit:
The program might be used by many not_so_computer_literate who might not
find that "inverse scheduling priority" is an approbriate explanation of "Niceness" :)

Consequently I explained all of the columns you can see, together with real-life examples.
Please check if the explanations are correct and if the real-life examples a) fit and b)
are really real-life. As well I think it's approbriate to simplify in order to explain. If
my explanations are still too complicated, feel free to give improvements.

One thing that needs more thought is the "Shared Memory" section. The information
I got on that one is ambivalent. What should be used?

Much text has been added, so many errors will have been introduced. Please read
extra carefully and watch out for missing 'y' (keyboard problem).

> Check the docbook with the KDE DocBook Sanitizer on
> http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/sanitizer/just-in-time.php, there are
> some errors.
Fixed.

> meinproc4 --check index.docbook gives a lot of errors about not defined
> entities (SystemActivity, Greg.Martyn, Greg.Martyn.mail, Nicolas.Leclercq,
> Nicolas.Leclercq.mail, Alex.Sanda, Alex.Sanda.mail etc), so this docbook nan
> not be installed in kde4.
> The missing entities have to be defined in contributor.entities and
> general.entities in the folder kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/entities/ or
> you have to expend them in place.
Since I don't have svn-access, there's no point in changing too many files at
once. I simply adjusted the entities in the file. Since someone else has to
check it into svn, that one can as well copy/paste the entities into the files
ou mentioned.

> Some typos/hints:
Thanks a lot, they should be fixed now.

--
Computer Science is no more about computers
than astronomy is about telescopes.