[kde-doc-english] Changes to Stable docs, & future KDE 3.x series releases

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at lincoln.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 23:21:41 CEST 2007

Hi Richard,
It has been a bit confusing recently; hopefully this clears it up:

Currently we aren't writing any docs for KDE 4, since the applications mostly
are too much in a state of flux. We've been using trunk/ as a kind
of "holding ground" for any changes we make, since these changes can of
course be useful for later KDE 4 docs.

We also have semi-regular string unfreezes on the 3.5 branch, during which we
backport any changes of content (ie, not just spelling/grammar/markup
changes) from trunk/. We currently have a string unfreeze targetting 3.5.7,
so any new content committed to trunk can be backported to the branch, and
will appear in 3.5.7. (Incidentally, the 3.5 series is the last of the KDE 3
releases - there might be a 3.5.8, but there won't be a 3.6)

The tentative release schedule for KDE 4.0 [1] suggests we will soon need to
start working on docs for KDE 4, so this will change at some point.

Regards,
Philip

1. http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Schedule