[kde-doc-english] KMail Handbook

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Feb 8 08:15:48 CET 2007

Le Thursday 08 February 2007 00:02:56 Ingo Klöcker, vous avez écrit :
> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 16:44, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy.
> >
> > I hope this is the correct list. If not, please don't hurt me.
> >
> > We need someone to put some love into the KMail handbook.
> > Especially to help document the new templates feature, and
> > eventually a new custom tags feature we are working on.
> >
> > Any volunteers?
>
> IMO the people who wrote the code will also have to write the new
> entries for the handbook. At least, as draft. In particular, the new
> templates feature is impossible to document without the help of its
> author.
>
> Allen, I suggest making updating the handbook a requirement for new
> features in kdepim.

Yes, I for example would be happy to help but it's just near impossible. I
have no idea about mail applications in general and while I use KMail daily,
I am just a pop user and I don't need advanced features.

The developers should write the key features at least, they can do it in text
(by the way, adding such information on the website also would be nice).
If you send me in text either the chapter/para/section backbone so I can fill
the gaps and ask you about it or the content in text mode I'll be happy to
work from that and integrate it.

As Ingo said, it's just near impossible to write about features we don't know
and understand.

Hope you'll find time to scribble a draft, we'll go from there!

Regards,

Anne-Marie