[kde-doc-english] konqueror plugins documentation in khelpcenter

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sun Feb 4 21:50:33 CET 2007

Am Sonntag, 4. Februar 2007 13:04 schrieb Philip Rodrigues:

> (But I'm a little confused - it looks to me like the Makefile.am's are the
> same for all of those, so I don't really understand what's going on)

Sorry for confusing you, we are talking about different Makefile.am's.

Look at the Makfile.am's in the kdeaddons/konq-plugins/ folders, two of them
(kuick and sidebar/mediaplayer) have these two additional lines:
appsdir = $(kde_appsdir)/.hidden
apps_DATA = plugin_validators.desktop

I just add these two lines to the Makefile.am's in the folders babelfish,
crashes, dirfilter, domtreeviewer, fsview, kimgalleryplugin,
khtmlsettingsplugin, uachanger, validators and webarchiver, and all these
documentations are then visible in khelpcenter->konqueror-plugins.

But the documentation kdeaddons/doc/konq-plugins/index.docbook is still not
displayed in khelpcenter.

There are two ways to make it visible:
1. Add "DocPath=help:/konq-plugins/index.html" to
kdebase/khelpcenter/plugins/konqplugins.deskop
Without an installed kdeaddons module you get an error in khelpcenter (There
is no documentation available for konq-plugins/index.html), with an installed
kdeaddons module this works.

2. Move konqplugins.desktop from kdebase/khelpcenter/plugins/ to
kdeaddons/konq-plugins and change the Makefile.am to install
konqplugins.desktop with the DocPath to
$KDEDIRS/share/apps/khelpcenter/plugins

I prefer no 2, no kdeaddons -> no konqplugins item in khelpcenter

Burkhard Lück