[kde-doc-english] konqueror plugins documentation in khelpcenter

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at lincoln.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 4 13:04:03 CET 2007

Hi Burkhard,

> in khelpcenter->konqueror-plugins only the documentation (and all
> translations) for mediaplayer and kuick are  displayed, but not for babel,
> crashes, dirfilter, domtreeviewer, fsview, imgallery, khtmlsettings,
> uachanger, validators and webarchiver.
>
> It is easy to fix this for stable, just add two line to the Makefile.ams
> for all missing documentations to install the .desktop files also in
> share/applnk/.hidden/.
> I know this is the old way (until 3.5.2) to install menu files, but this
> folder is still processed by the kde helpcenter, so this works for stable.
>
> For kde4 we need an other solution (via /etc/xdg/menus/), but that is
> beyond my scope so far.
>
> Any objections to fix this issue for stable with a copy of the .desktop
> files?

Sorry for taking a while to reply to this. I say go ahead with the fix - I
don't think it matters too much that it's the "old" way to do it.

(But I'm a little confused - it looks to me like the Makefile.am's are the
same for all of those, so I don't really understand what's going on)

Regards,
Philip