[kde-doc-english] Thoughts about the doc looks

Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Thu Sep 28 15:56:56 CEST 2006

Thomas Zander pointed out some stuff earlier today to me, I've added my
thoughts, and by request, am now sending it here.

Thoughts for making the docs look better:

- there are too many horizontal lines (separation between text and
  screenshots/examples/...). Especially in places where a number of screenshots
  are placed shortly after another, this makes it very hard not to be distracted
  from the text because eyes are drawn to the full-width lines.

- placing of screenshots is awkward at times: they use the entire line width, so
  images that are high and small take up very much space. Combined with the
  previous issue some nasty effects are created.
  (For an example of these effects, check the Krita manual. Especially the
  toolbars and the blending modes sections.)

- searching for stuff is almost impossible at times. something like a side
  column which includes key words could help here. Combined with a keyword index
  this could be used to quickly find stuff.

- and perhaps the navigation could use some revamping (e.g. Home and Up are only
  available at the bottom now)

Cheers,
--
Sander Koning  (askie)   |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
KDE Nederland            |   http://www.kde.nl/