[kde-doc-english] [Kmymoney2-developer] Docbook Errors

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 14:44:53 CEST 2006

Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 September 2006 13:36, Tom Browder wrote:
>> Thomas Baumgart wrote:
>>> If we need specifc packages to build the docs in PDF it would be cool to
>>> have some way to detect them with the autotools. Maybe, you can prepare a
>>> little rundown what needs to be installed in which order so that we can
>>> wrap this in a chapter in the developers documentation itself.
>>>
>>> If you need to add/modify anything in the CVS repository you can send me
>>> patches and I apply them for you.
>> OK!  Any time constraints or schedule?
>
> So far none. We're still in the base development cycle for the next version.
> Whatever you come up with seems to be fine.  If you could provide a rough
> estimate here, it would be helpful.

I plan to work this weekend on the doc stuff.

First I assume you want to keep in synch with the KDE doc effort to the
max extent feasible.  With that in mind, I've found all Philip's tools
to handle the preferred word/phrase file with docs, and I may modify it
for KMyMoney purposes, e.g., with entities (where are the current
entities defined?).

Then I will make a list of all the source docs in KMyMoney.  Ideally all
will be in docbook form, but I know  at least some are in html (IMHO,
those should be converted to docbook).

I will test a local Makefile to make html and pdf versions of all the docs.

The only new thing that will be required (other than KDE devel) is
dblatex (Philip's version, perhaps he will add it to kde-devel someday)
and its dependencies (a Tex/LateX installation, normal with Linux
distributions), and Philip's style sheet.

I will add a section in developer-doc about these things, and pointers
to the KDE info as appropriate.

Later.

-Tom