[kde-doc-english] I would like to offer my help.

Philip Rodrigues phil at kde.org
Wed Sep 6 13:32:17 CEST 2006

Hi Dale,

> I am a KDE user and have been since you released version 1. I would really
> like to offer my help with the project, however, I am not a programmer so I
> feel that perhaps I could be of some use with regards to documentation
> duties. If you have need of someone to help out with documentation efforts
> on the ongoing projects within the KDE family I am available and would like
> to help.

Thanks for the offer of help - we're always really glad to take on new people
into the docs team.

Is there a particular KDE app that you use a lot? That would be a
good place to start. If you can think of any particular app you'd like to
work on, we can look over the existing documentation and find out what needs
to be done. If there's no particular app that fits in that category, it's no
problem :-). Here are some ideas:

KOffice is seeing lots of developments, so if you're interested in office
applications, that might be interesting.

We have some gaps in the KDE User Guide, which aims to be an overview of KDE -
you can see it online at
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/userguide/
or on your own system at
help:/khelpcenter/userguide .
If you see an unwritten section there which you'd like to write, tell me and
we can work out how to get started.

One more thing is the new features in KDE 3.5.x. As you might know, the 3.5
branch, which would usually be closed to new features, has some new features
in it, and some of these will need documentation. I plan to try to make a
list of these features so we can see what needs to be done, but if you're
interested in this, just tell me and we can work something out.

Do any of those pique your interest? If not, don't worry, there are lots of
other ways to get involved in improving the KDE documentation, so please do
tell me.

If anything isn't clear, or if you have any other questions, please don't
hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Philip